About The Position
Cymotive is the leader in cybersecurity for connected cars, electric cars, driverless cars and smart mobility.
Cymotive has been working as the trusted cyber partner of the Volkswagen Group since 2016 securing over 2 million vehicles. We have various products in Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Management and Remediation that are unique in the automotive industry. Although there are more than 200 employees, we strive to give each employee the opportunity to grow and develop their professional skills.
As part of our team, you will be working on Clarity, a dynamic analysis system for IoT security testing, specifically designed for the automotive sector. This system evaluates vulnerabilities across various domains, including mobile applications, backend infrastructure, and in-car systems. Join us in shaping the future of automotive cybersecurity and protecting against cyber-attacks.
- Developing the “client side” program that executes vehicle networks attacks and runs on a test-workstation at the customer’s premises.
- Transferring research tools created by our research team to production grade software
- Working with both offensive and defensive cyber researchers to formalize and implement additional internally known attacks.
- Porting and developing exploitations of common vulnerabilities to run in test setups and on real vehicle hardware.
- Providing valuable feedback on the system’s architecture and executing required changes in design and structure
- Translating your deep expertise into taking complex systems to production, prioritizing reliability and scalability.
- Supporting full “productization” in means of designing and developing licensing and obfuscation mechanisms.
- Handling scale and performance challenges.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering in Python and Rust and associated frameworks such as FastAPI and Celery.
- Experience with multi-threaded and async programming
- Experience with multi-process programming and IPC mechanisms
- Experience with containerization and orchestration platforms (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) and Cloud environments (e.g., GCP, AWS).
- Experience working at/with cybersecurity or IOT companies is a big advantage.
- Experience in implementation of real-world attacks on protocols, vehicle components, or other IOT or embedded devices (health equipment, marine etc.).
- Deep familiarity with computer networking concepts and TCP/IP, with preference to deep knowledge of automotive protocols over CAN and Ethernet.
- Great communication skills
- A plus - Experience with IaC and implementation of CI/CD platforms (e.g., Terraform, Jenkins, CircleCI).